Trump says ‘be reasonable’ to Iran, hints B12 attack

By Anjali Sharma
WASHINGTON – US President Donald Trump on Monday asked Tehran to be “reasonable” in its negotiations, reminded Iran of the June 2025 B-2 bomber attack on its nuclear facilities.

Both countries are likely to hold the next round of talks over the nuclear deal on Tuesday in Geneva, Switzerland, media reported.

Trump confirmed his “indirect” negotiations in the talks with Iran.

“I will be involved in those talks indirectly. It will be very important. Iran is a tough negotiator, but I would say they are bad negotiators, as we could have had a deal instead of sending out B-2s (B-2 bombers) to knock out their nuclear potential. I hope they are going to be more reasonable,” Trump said.

He said that Iran wants to make a deal and once that is done, there will be peace in the Middle East.

“They want to make a deal. We have peace in the Middle East. You will see some flames here and there, but we essentially have peace in the Middle East,” he said.

Trump claimed that Iran agreed to the deal because of the B-2 attack on its nuclear facilities last year. The US President also claimed that Iran was a month away from having a nuclear weapon.

“If that happened, it would have been a whole different deal,” he added.

According to reports, US special envoys Steve Witkoff and Jared Kushner are expected to attend the next round of talks in Geneva.

Iran and the US held several rounds of nuclear talks in April 2025 in Oman, and Italy.

The talks failed and the US conducted targeted air strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities under ‘Operation Midnight Hammer’, targeting three key sites in Fordow, Natanz, and Isfahan.

Iranian deputy foreign minister Majid Takht-Ravanchi said that his country is ready to consider “compromises” to reach a nuclear deal with the US if Washington is willing to lift sanctions.

He pointed to Tehran’s offer to dilute its near weapons-grade level uranium.

“We are ready to discuss this and other issues related to our programme if they are ready to talk about sanctions,” Takht-Ravanchi had said.

Iran has 400 kg of 60% enriched uranium.

Ravanchi was non-committal when asked if the country would move its stockpile out of the country,

“It was too early to say what will happen in the course of negotiations,” he added.