GG News Bureau
NEW YORK, 17th March. According to TRT Turkish State run Broadcast on Saturday reported that the incident occurred off the coast of Eceabat District in the northwestern province of Canakkale when the migrant boat capsized and sank.
It said that 21 illegal migrants were killed on Friday when their boat sank off Turkey’s Aegean coast, country’s national public broadcaster said.
Canakkale Governor Ilhami Aktas was cited, the TRT said a search and rescue operation is ongoing at the scene, backed by two helicopters and ten Coast Guard rescue boats.
According to Ilhami Aktas, four individuals had been rescued, TRT reported.
It added that ambulances have been dispatched to the Kabatepe port near the incident location.
Ilhami Aktas said that the exact number of people aboard the boat, their intended destination, and the number of missing due to the incident remained unclear.
Comments are closed.