The curfew in Karauli, Rajasthan, has been extended until April 7

*Paromita Das

Given the state of law and order in Rajasthan’s Karauli, the region’s curfew has been extended until April 7. Officials said the district administration also made arrangements for class 10 and 12 exams, allowing students to arrive at their exam centers after showing their admit cards, two days after communal clashes in the town.

“As the current circumstances are not normal for the law and order situation,” Karauli District Collector Rajendra Shekhawat issued an order. In such a case, the curfew has been extended until midnight on April 7th.” Officials said that two hours of relaxation will be provided to allow people to make necessary purchases, and any additional relaxation will be provided based on the law and order situation. According to ASP Kishore Butolia, 13 arrested people were brought before a court and placed on two-day police remand. ” On Monday, the curfew was relaxed for two hours to allow for the purchase of necessary items.

“Central and Rajasthan government offices and courts remained open, and employees were able to access their offices by showing their ID cards,” Shekhawat said. Although no untoward incidents have been reported, mobile internet services in Karauli remain suspended, he said. The curfew was imposed following arson and vandalism on Saturday in the aftermath of stone-pelting at a bike rally commemorating Nav Samvatsar (Hindu New Year) that passed through a Muslim-dominated area. According to police, the rally was organised by right-wing organisations such as the Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP), the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), and the Bajrang Dal.

According to them, approximately 35 people were injured as a result of the violence. Following the communal violence, police arrested 46 people and detained seven others for questioning, according to Inspector General of Police Prashan Kumar Khamesra of the Bharatpur range. He said a case had been filed against 13 people and that 33 others had been arrested for violating the curfew, and that 21 vehicles had been seized. The situation is being closely monitored by police patrolling teams, he said, adding that it is under control but that the curfew has been extended as a precaution.

According to Khamesra, the town also held a flag march. On Saturday, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot praised Constable Netresh Sharma (31) of the Karauli Kotwali police station for saving four people from a burning house. Gehlot praised his efforts and announced that he would be promoted to chief constable. “The way you have done work by risking your life, it is praiseworthy,” the chief minister said over the phone to Sharma.

And you deserve to be congratulated for your bravery.” He stated that it had been decided to promote Netresh to the position of head constable. Houses and shops were set on fire during Saturday’s riots and arson in Karauli. One of the houses had three women and a child trapped inside. They had given up hope of surviving the arson, but Sharma assisted them in escaping safely.

 

Comments are closed.