GG News Bureau
New Delhi, 31st March. Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday announced an ex-gratia from Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund (PMNRF) for Indore mishap victims.
The Prime Minister’s office (PMO) tweeted, “An ex-gratia of Rs. 2 lakh from PMNRF would be given to the next of kin of each deceased in the unfortunate tragedy in Indore today. The injured would be given Rs. 50,000: PM @narendramodi
At least 13 persons died after the roof of a stepwell of a temple collapsed in the Indore district on Thursday, state home minister Narottam Mishra said.
According to the statement, the incident happened around 11 a.m. at the Beleshwar Jhulelal Mahadev Temple in the city’s Patel Nagar area during a Havan puja for the Ram Navami festival.
Police, the Municipal Corporation, the district administration, the SDRF (State Disaster Response Force), the QRF (quick response force), and ambulances were all on the scene, and the rescue operation was underway.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan announced an ex-gratia of Rs 5 lakh to the deceased’s next of kin and Rs 50,000 to the injured.
Besides, free treatment will be provided to the injured, the CM added.
Earlier, Indore Collector Dr Ilayaraja T said, “Many people assembled near a stepwell to do ‘hawan’. The overcrowding surrounding the stepwell could be the reason that led to the collapse of the floor. Around 25 people fell into the well, of whom 15 have been rescued so far and an operation is underway to rescue the others. There is a possibility of multiple casualties.”
CM Chouhan said he took due cognisance of the incident, terming it “unfortunate”.
The CM said, “It’s an unfortunate incident. A rescue operation is underway. 10 people were rescued safely while nine more are trapped and will be rescued.”
Comments are closed.