Anjali Sharma
GG News Bureau
NEW YORK, 20th March. According to local media reports on Tuesday an Indian student Abhijeeth Paruchuru from Andhra Pradesh of Boston University was found inside an abandoned car dead by the police.
The Indian Consulate in New York said on Tuesday that initial investigations into the death of an Indian student found dead in a forest in the US state of Massachusetts last week have ruled out foul play.
It stated that it is “deeply saddened” to learn about Paruchuru’s “unfortunate demise”, the Consulate wrote on X:
“Mr. Puruchuru’s parents, based in Connecticut, are in direct touch with detectives. Initial investigations rule out foul play”.
It said it rendered assistance in the documentation and transportation of Puruchuru’s mortal remains to India.
“We remain in touch with local authorities and Indian-American community in the matter,” the Consulate posted.
A series of mysterious deaths have put the focus on the security and safety of Indian students across the US with the latest incident took toll of 9 deaths.
Ministry of External Affairs said this month that its consulates in the US have reached out to Indian students and assured them of all possible assistance in case of any trouble.
External Affairs Ministry spokesperson, Randhir Jaiswal said “Through our consulates in the US, we have done outreach with our students there, guided them. We have also told them to immediately get in touch with either the embassy or the consulates in case of any trouble or situation so that we can take care of them in a better way”.
He asserted that there is no excuse for violence based on race or gender, the White House said in February that the US is working very hard to thwart and disrupt attacks on Indians as well as Indian-origin students.
External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar has said that the welfare of Indian students abroad is one of the foremost priorities of the government.
Comments are closed.