Dengue Patients Will Be Treated At Vacant Corona Beds In Delhi

GG News Bureau

New Delhi, 30th Oct. The cases of Dengue in Delhi are increasing continuously in the capital of the country. Meanwhile, the Delhi government has said that if needed, hospitals can use one-third of the beds reserved for coronavirus patients for the treatment of people suffering from ‘vector’ borne diseases. This order has been issued in view of the increase in dengue cases in the capital.

According to the civic body’s report released on Monday, Delhi has recorded over 1,000 dengue cases this year. Out of this, 280 cases have been reported last week. In the first 23 days of this month, 665 cases of dengue were registered. At the same time, Delhi recorded the first death due to dengue disease on 18 October.

An order issued on Friday said, “In view of the increase in the cases of Dengue/Malaria/Chikungunya, an increase has been observed in the demand for beds for these patients.” Apart from this, many beds reserved for Covid patients are lying vacant due to the fall in the number of Covid cases.

The health department directed the medical directors and medical superintendents of hospitals run by the Delhi government to utilize one-third of the beds reserved for COVID patients, if necessary, for the treatment of those suffering from dengue, malaria and chikungunya. These beds also include ICU beds.

Comments are closed.