Kishtwar: Two terrorists affiliated with the Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) outfit were gunned down by security forces in an ongoing operation in the snow-bound Chhatru area of Jammu and Kashmir’s Kishtwar district, the Army said Saturday. This takes the toll to three since the operation began on Wednesday, with one terrorist neutralised on Friday.
Among those killed is JeM’s top commander Saifullah, who had been active in the Chenab valley for the past year, official sources confirmed. Saifullah was reportedly involved in planning and executing terror activities in the region.
“In the ongoing operations at Chhatru, Kishtwar, despite bad and inclement weather, two more Pakistani terrorists have been eliminated. A large quantity of war-like stores including one AK and one M4 rifle have been recovered,” the Jammu-based White Knight Corps posted on X.
The operation, launched following a brief encounter earlier this week, is still underway as security forces scour the dense, snow-covered terrain for any remaining militants.
Meanwhile, a parallel operation has been launched to trace a separate group of three terrorists reportedly active in the Basantgarh and Ramnagar areas of Udhampur district. This operation, too, has been ongoing since Wednesday.
Officials said relentless anti-terror operations across Jammu and Kashmir continue as part of intensified counter-insurgency efforts in the region.
Comments are closed.