33 Extrajudicial Killings, 84 Disappearances in Balochistan

Paank’s June 2025 report accuses Pakistani forces of systemic abductions, torture, and killings across 14 districts.

  • 33 extrajudicial killings and 84 forced disappearances reported in Balochistan in June.

  • Victims include students, poets, farmers, and activists, says rights group Paank.

  • Pakistani Army, FC, CTD, and state-backed squads blamed for torture and executions.

GG News Bureau
Balochistan, 17th July: A leading human rights organisation has reported a surge in human rights violations across Balochistan, revealing that at least 33 cases of extrajudicial killings and 84 incidents of forced disappearances occurred in the province during June 2025.

The report, released by Paank, the Human Rights Department of the Baloch National Movement, accuses Pakistani security agencies, including the Army, Frontier Corps (FC), and Counter Terrorism Department (CTD), of conducting systematic abductions, torture, and executions, often with the backing of state-sponsored death squads.

Titled “Balochistan Human Rights Report – June 2025”, the document highlights a disturbing trend of state-sponsored violence, especially targeting students, poets, farmers, and human rights activists. According to the report, 14 districts witnessed enforced disappearances, with Kech and Mastung accounting for the highest number of such incidents. Cases were also reported from Karachi and Islamabad.

“These incidents are not isolated but part of a wider pattern of repression where individuals are detained without due process and, in many cases, killed unlawfully,” Paank stated.

The report documented 32 cases of mental and physical torture in addition to the disappearances and killings. One of the most harrowing cases is that of Zeeshan Baloch (21), who was abducted and killed while demanding the release of his missing father.

In another shocking incident, tribal elder Kamran Jattak was gunned down after he condemned the abduction of Asma Jattak, while Aman Ullah Baloch died by suicide, reportedly due to sustained threats and psychological torture by military personnel.

Paank also listed the deaths of Haider Ali and Soubat Marri, describing them as victims of “staged operations” misrepresented as anti-militant crackdowns.

“These cases reflect a deliberate campaign to silence dissent and instil fear, underscoring an escalating human rights crisis in Balochistan,” the report stated.

Additionally, the group drew attention to the recent enforced disappearance of Muneer Ahmad from Panjghur on July 13, who had previously been held for 19 months after a similar abduction in 2017.

Condemning the state’s role, Paank said, “Extrajudicial killings by Pakistani forces continue without pause. These detentions and killings occur without legal process and for reasons often never disclosed.”

The report has raised fresh concerns among global human rights defenders, who are calling on international institutions to press Pakistan for accountability and an immediate end to state-sponsored violence in Balochistan.

Comments are closed.