21 yr old arrested in Taylor Swift Vienna 2024 concert terror plot

By Anjali Sharma
WASHINGTON – Austrian authorities on Monday said that 21-year-old suspect, identified as Beran A., was arrested in connection with a foiled plot targeting Taylor Swift’s Vienna concerts.

Austrian prosecutors said he shared ISIS propaganda, tried to acquire weapons, and produced explosive materials.

The pop world had a nightmare moment and now the legal drama behind it is finally unfolding.

In a twist that sounds straight out of a thriller, Austrian prosecutors have slapped terrorism charges on a 21-year-old man accused of planning an attack targeted of Taylor Swift-led Vienna concerts in August 2024.

“Yes, the glitter, the friendship bracelets, the screaming Swifties; investigators said they could have been in serious danger.

According to public prosecutors in Vienna, the unnamed suspect allegedly planned to attack a Swift concert scheduled in the city last summer.

The case exploded into headlines back then when three shows were abruptly cancelled

The officials only said a “serious threat” had been stopped. Now, the full story is coming out and it is chilling.

Prosecutors claimed the 21-year-old had openly shown support for the extremist group ISIS by sharing propaganda videos and material through messaging apps.

Investigators said he didn’t stop at online posts. They allege he searched the internet for instructions on how to build a shrapnel bomb using triacetone triperoxide, a dangerous explosive often linked to terror attacks.

They also said he even produced a small amount of the explosive substance.

Prosecutors said the suspect made multiple attempts to illegally buy weapons outside Austria and then bring them into the country. That detail alone paints a picture of long planning, not just random online talk.

The legal case is expected to move forward in Wiener Neustadt, a town near Vienna. Officials confirmed the suspect remains in custody.

Austrian media identified him as Beran A.

Authorities said those decisions were taken after security agencies foiled the alleged plot.

Fans were heartbroken at the time, but officials insisted safety came first.

US shared key intelligence that helped Austrian officials disrupt the suspected plan.

White House national security spokesperson John Kirby publicly confirmed that American agencies provided information to their Austrian partners to monitor and stop threats linked to the concerts.