JALDOOT’ WILL ENCOURAGE PEOPLE’S PARTICIPATION
FOR WATER CONSERVATION – PRAKASH JAVADEKAR
Union Minister for Environment, Forest & Climate Change and Information & Broadcasting, Shri Prakash Javadekar said today that ‘Jaldoot’ is a unique initiative and it will take the message of water conservation to masses. After flagging off the ‘Jaldoot’ a travelling exhibition arranged by Regional Outreach Bureau , Pune under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Mr. Javadekar said that Jaldoot will visit 8 districts of Maharashtra in next 2 months will also tell about the work done by the government in last 100 days. The exhibition highlights bold initiatives and decisive actions taken by the government.
The Jaldoot will travel trough Pune , Ahmadngar, Nashik, Jalgaon , Buldhana, Amravati and Solapur districts. Mr Javadekar further said that Modi government has given the priority for water conservation; a new ministry of Jalshakti has been formed to ensure that there will not be scarcity of water in the country. The central government is committed to provide water to every household by 2024 he added. On this occasion ‘Swachhta’ oath was administered by Shri Javadekar to participants. Shri Javadekar also appreciated the exhibition prepared for this.
Shri Girish Bapat, Member of Parliament ,Smt Supriya Sule, Member of Parliament , Shri Satyendra Sharan, Director General, Regional Outreach Bureau, Shri R . N. Mishra Director General Press Information Bureau West Zone, Shri D J Narein ADG , Shri Santosh Ajmera Joint Director ROB Pune and other dignitaries were present.
- The Hon’ble Prime Minister, has launched the campaign on ‘Janshakti se Jalshakti’ abhiyan. The people are to join hands for water conservation and create a jan-andolan along the lines of the Swachh Bharat Mission, to save water and secure the future.
- To tackle the water crisis looming the country, the Government of India launched the JALSHAKTI ABHIYAN, a water conservation campaign focusing on 1592 stressed blocks in 256 districts across the country.
- The Regional Outreach Bureau, ROB, with its headquarter at Pune for Maharashtra and Goa region is the office under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India. It takes care of various outreach activities and development communication needs of the Central Government.
- ROB in association with MSRTC (Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation) is launching the Jaldoot campaign. The ROB has redesigned the bus, to create the Jaldoot : Travelling Exhibition on Jalshakti Abhiyan. The exhibition consists of various information display panels and Audio-Visual components. The Song &Drama Division cultural troupes and artists travelling along the bus would create awareness about the Government’s initiative.
- The field units at those locations would have different activities like competitions, rallies, cultural programmes on the side-lines of visit of the bus, in order to create awareness on water conservation efforts.
- The JALSHAKTI ABHIYAN focus on five key aspects:
- Water Conservation and Rain Water Harvesting
- Renovation of Traditional and other Water Bodies
- Reuse of Water and Recharging of structures
- Watershed Development
- Intensive Afforestation