GG News Bureau
Bangalore, 14th April. Arun Singh, the BJP’s Karnataka in-charge, slammed the Congress today, saying it was taking too long to release a third list of candidates due to “internal battle” among its leaders.
Singh said, “The third list will not come, just wait and watch. There is an internal battle among the leaders in the party.”
In response to the BJP’s decision to introduce new faces as candidates while dropping older ones, he stated, “Not everyone can get election tickets. Naturally, they are hurt at being denied tickets. But BJP members work for an ideology, with the sentiment of nation first. Every member of the party will unite and work together.”
When asked who he thinks is a better candidate, Siddaramaiah or DK Shivakumar, he said, “The Congress is divided into three factions — Siddaramaiah, DK Shivakumar and Mallikarjun Kharge. There will be a pitched battle in the Congress when election seats are announced.”
He added, “BJP has given tickets to 66 new faces in 212 seats yet for the upcoming Assembly polls. BJP has given chance to new face who work for the party very long time and also give respect to our senior leader and worker. The party will perform well in the polls.”
Singh was asked if the party’s new faces would help counter the anti-incumbency factor against the Bommai government, he said, “There is no anti-incumbency, only pro-incumbency. Now Karnataka’s position is strong, whether its ease of doing business, or innovation. Bulk FDI (foreign direct investment) is coming to Karnataka. People’s sentiments and emotions are with the BJP.”
Earlier this week, the incumbent BJP released its first list of 189 candidates. The list included 52 newcomers and eight women.
The BJP was the largest single party in the 2018 elections, winning 104 seats, with the Congress and then-ally JD(S) taking 80 and 37 seats, respectively.
The current Karnataka Legislative Assembly’s term will end on May 24. On May 13, the votes for the 224-member Assembly will be counted.
Comments are closed.