Shiv Sena Leader Slams Maharashtra Govt Over Sarpanch Murder Case and Custodial Death

GG News Bureau
Mumbai, 9th Jan. Shiv Sena (UBT) leader Ambadas Danve on Thursday accused the Maharashtra government of failing to apprehend the absconding accused in the murder case of sarpanch Santosh Deshmukh, urging the state to focus on action over rhetoric.

Danve criticized Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, who holds the Home portfolio, for repeatedly stating that no culprits would be spared, while a key accused in the case remains at large a month after the incident.

Santosh Deshmukh, the sarpanch of Massajog village in Beed district, was abducted, tortured, and murdered on December 9, allegedly for opposing extortion linked to a windmill energy project. Police have arrested seven individuals so far, but a 23-year-old accused is still absconding.

“Home Minister Devendra Fadnavis says they won’t spare anyone. But before that, they need to nab the accused,” Danve said in a post on X. He also questioned why the government has not sought the resignation of NCP minister Dhananjay Munde, whose associate Walmik Karad was arrested in a related extortion case.

Danve claimed the government’s inaction reflects stubbornness, despite public demand for accountability.

Protest Over Custodial Death
In another case, the family of Dalit man Somnath Suryavanshi, who died in judicial custody in Parbhani last month, rejected a ₹10 lakh compensation offer from the CM Relief Fund. They stated their primary demand is justice, as the alleged perpetrators of his death remain free.

Suryavanshi, 35, died after being arrested in connection with violence in Parbhani over the desecration of a replica of the Constitution last December.

Danve targeted Fadnavis, saying, “Justice delayed is justice denied. His family seeks accountability, not financial assistance.”

Both incidents have drawn sharp criticism from the opposition, adding to the pressure on the Fadnavis-led Maharashtra government.

Comments are closed.