GG NEWS BUREAU
New Delhi.27th Nov
Shri Narendra Modi,
Prime Minister of India.
Dear Shri Narendra Modi ji,
As you are aware, determined and resolute farmers are marching towards Delhi in lakhs from different states of India, including Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh and so on, under the leadership of various national and regional platforms of farmers organisations. A Samyukt Kisan Morcha was created in the recent past as a coordination mechanism for this Dilli Chalo program of the farmers.
These farmers, including youth, have had to face unprecedented obstacles placed in their way by Haryana and Uttar Pradesh governments presumably also at the behest of the central government, which tried every possible means to stop them – regular barricades, sand-laden trucks in multiple layers, barbed wire fences, huge boulders placed across the roads and even trenches on the road, water canons and tear gas. All of this in the cruel winter in north India. We are still managing to march forward, and thankfully without any untoward incident so far.
Thousands of farmers have reached the borders of the capital region of the country, and just like we have been resolutely moving forward, we shall continue to do so today as well.
The nation, and the Government of India in particular have reached a crucial juncture when they have to ensure that farmers should not undergo this, and to ensure that no untoward incident occurs in an unfortunate stand-off between our annadatas and the government. It is because our voices were not heard and taken into account when framing the ordinances or passing them as Acts in the Parliament that has brought about this situation. The representations given to you multiple times in mounting agitations by farmers and their organisations across India are yet to receive replies from you.
At least now, the government of India should stop its confrontationist attitude of denying the largest section of our society an opportunity to be heard and sincere dialogue should be initiated.
It becomes meaningless for the government to offer talks and not create a conducive atmosphere for such talks to happen.
It is against this background that we write to you to urge you to urgently:
- ensure that the farmers have a free and safe passage into Delhi without creating a situation where any untoward incident is justified later on, as having been necessitated, which will cause a completely avoidable break away from the very peaceful manner that we have adopted so far;
- allot us a space like Ramlila Maidan where we can gather and also hold talks with the government.
- Call the all-India/regional platforms of the farmers for sincere discussions with senior ministers of your cabinet on our demands to repeal the 3 Farm Acts and the Electricity Bill 2020.
Coordination Committee of Samyukt Kisan Morcha
Balbir Singh Rajewal, Daljeet Singh Dallewala, Gurnam Singh Chaduni, VM Singh, Raju Shetti, Shivkumar Sharma Kakkaji, Yogendra Yadav
National Working Group of All India Kisan Sangharsh Coordination Committee (AIKSCC):
- VM Singh, Rashtriya Kisan Mazdoor Sanghatan (Convenor)
- Avik Saha, Jai Kisan Andolan (Organising Secretary)
- Dr Ashish Mital and V Venkataramaiah, All India Kisan Mazdoor Sabha
- Dr Ashok Dhawale and Hannan Mollah, All India Kisan Sabha
- Atul Kumar Anjaan and Bhupinder Samber, All India Kisan Sabha
- Dr Darshan Pal, Krantikari Kisan Union
- Jagmohan Singh, BKU Dakaunda
- Kavitha Kuruganti and Kiran Vissa, ASHA-Kisan Swaraj
- Kodihalli Chandrasekhar, Karnataka Rajya Raitha Sangha
- Medha Patkar, National Alliance for People’s Movements
- Pratibha Shinde, Lok Sangharsh Morcha
- Rajaram Singh and Premsingh Gehlawat, All India Kisan Mahasabha
- Raju Shetti, Swabhimani Shetkari Sanghatana
- Richa Singh, Sangtin Kisan Mazdoor Sanghatan
- Satnam Singh Ajnala, Jamhoori Kisan Sabha
- Satyawan, All India Kisan Khet Mazdoor Sanghatan
- Dr Sunilam, Kisan Sangharsh Samiti
- Tajinder Singh Virk, Terai Kisan Sabha
- Yogendra Yadav, Jai Kisan Andolan
- Balbir Singh Rajewal
- Gurnam Singh Chadhuni
Rampal Chahal, Ganna Sangharsh Samiti, Bhadson
Vinod Rana, Ganna Sangharsh Samiti, Sahjadpur
Satyawan Danoda, Kisan Sangharsh Samiti
National Coordination Committee of Rashtriya Kisan Mahasangh
- Shiv Kumar Kakkaji, President, Rashtriya Kisan Mazdoor Mahasangh
- Jagjeet Singh Dallewal, President, BKU Ekta Sidhupur
- Rishipal Ambavta, President, BKU (A)
- Harpal Choudhary, President, BKU (AA)
- Kurburu Shantakumar, President, Karnataka Sugarcane Farmers Association
- J. K. Patel, Gujarat State President, Rashtriya Kisan Mazdoor Mahasangh
- Manjit Singh Rai, President, BKU Doaba
- Sewa Singh Arya, Vice President, BKU
- Jasbir Singh Bhatti, President, National Farmers Organization
- Tanvir Ahmad Dar, J&K President, RKMMS
- Laxman Wange, Kisan Kranti Morcha
- K. V. Biju, National Coordinator, Rashtriya Kisan Mahasangh
- Santveer Singh, Convenor, Ganganagar Kisan Samiti
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.