GG News Bureau
Islamabad, 8th May: Amid rising Indo-Pak tensions, Pakistan has confirmed the loss of two JF-17 fighter jets following India’s fierce retaliation on Thursday evening. This comes a day after New Delhi launched Operation Sindoor, targeting nine terror camps across Pakistan and Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.
Director General of Inter-Services Public Relations (DG ISPR), Lt Gen Ahmed Sharif Chaudhry, stated, “We regret to confirm that two JF-17 aircraft were lost during active duty.” The admission, reported by The Times of India, marks a major escalation between the two nuclear-armed neighbours.
The latest conflict erupted after Pakistan launched coordinated drone and missile attacks on several Indian border locations, including Jammu’s Satwari, Samba, RS Pura, and Arnia. The Indian Air Defence units responded immediately, intercepting all eight incoming missiles.
Indian defences were also activated in Rajasthan’s Jaisalmer, where Pakistani drones were neutralised. Locals reported multiple explosions and flashes in the sky, as a blackout was enforced in parts of Jammu and Gujarat, including Akhnoor, Kishtwar, Bhuj, and Kutch. Sirens blared through the night, underscoring the heightened alert.
Defence sources told News18 that India had advance intelligence of Pakistan’s moves. “Though it’s an evolving situation, we have neutralised all threats from Pakistan. So far, eight surface-to-surface projectiles have been intercepted,” said an official.
Thursday’s escalation follows India’s pre-emptive strike on terror infrastructure and comes just hours after it foiled a Pakistani attempt to target 15 Indian cities.
Despite the high-stakes standoff, Pakistan’s Information Minister Attaullah Tarar dismissed Indian claims. “Absurd and false claims are being made by India about shooting down an F-16 and JF-17 fighter jets,” he wrote on X.
Comments are closed.