Mohali Blast: ‘Those Who Try to Spoil Punjab’s Atmosphere will not be Spared’, says CM Mann

GG News Bureau

Chandigarh, 10th May. Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann on Tuesday stated that police have started an investigation into the Mohali blast incident saying that those who tried to spoil the atmosphere of the state will not be spared.

CM Mann has also called for a meeting at his residence on Tuesday with DGP and other senior officers of the state to take a report on the course of action taken so far.

“Police are investigating the blast in Mohali. Whoever tried to spoil the atmosphere of our Punjab will not be spared,” CM Mann posted on Twitter.

On Monday night (May 9), a minor explosion occurred outside the Punjab Police Intelligence Headquarters in Mohali. There was no casualty or loss of life but police said that it has not ruled out a terror angle in the occurrence, in which they say that the attack took place from outside the building with a rocket-propelled grenade.

“A minor explosion was reported at the Punjab Police Intelligence headquarters in sector 77, SAS Nagar at around 7:45 pm. No damage has been reported. Senior officers are on the spot and an investigation is being done,” Mohali police had informed on Monday.

On being questioned whether it can be considered a terrorist attack, Mohali SP (HQ) Ravinder Pal Singh told the media persons,” It can’t be ignored. We are investigating it.”

Comments are closed.