GG News Bureau
Nagpur, 5th July. The state cabinet expansion will be completed soon, according to deputy chief minister Devendra Fadnavis, who made the announcement a day after the Eknath Shinde-led Maharashtra government won the Assembly’s trust vote.
Fadnavis expressed his determination to develop the state’s Vidarbha region while speaking to reporters at the Nagpur airport on Tuesday.
“The cabinet expansion will be done soon,” deputy chief minister Fadnavis said.
Following the formation of the new government in the state, BJP workers gave the deputy CM and his wife Amruta Fadnavis a warm welcome when they arrived in Nagpur.
From the airport, Fadnavis embarked on a ‘jallosh yatra’ (victory celebration) organised here by his supporters.
Shinde launched a rebellion against the Sena last month. The majority of MLAs supported him, causing the Maha Vikas Aghadi government led by Uddhav Thackeray to fall.
Shinde was sworn in as Maharashtra’s chief minister on June 30, while Fadnavis was sworn in as the state’s deputy chief minister.
After winning the trust vote on Monday, Chief Minister Eknath Shinde stated that he will need some time before he and Fadnavis discuss cabinet portfolio allocation.
Let us breathe properly. It was quite hectic for us (referring to political activities over the last fortnight). I and Devendra Fadnavis will sit and discuss cabinet portfolios and their allocation. We will also get the allocation vetted from national leaders of the BJP, Shinde had said.
Comments are closed.