Key Aide of Nitish Questions Shah about Caste Survey

GG News Bureau

Patna, 6th Nov. The government of Nitish Kumar in Bihar strongly objected on Monday to the accusation made by Union Home Minister Amit Shah that the caste survey had been manipulated to show exaggerated numbers of Yadavs and Muslims.

Vijay Kumar Chaudhary, the Minister of Parliamentary Affairs, expressed his disapproval of Shah’s speech at a BJP rally in Muzaffarpur the previous day, stating that it lacked logic and was unbecoming of someone in a responsible position.

“Yadavs are an OBC group, which is a fact known to all. Yet, the home minister claimed that their numbers had been inflated to deny other OBCs of their due. The argument simply does not add up,” Chaudhary asserted.

“Shah should also have disclosed what was the basis of his claim. If he feels the figures of caste survey are inaccurate, then he must be having an idea of what could be the accurate numbers. How did he arrive at such an estimate?” he said.

Mocking Shah’s averment that the BJP had “supported” the decision to hold a caste survey, Chaudhary, who is a senior JD(U) leader, said “they cannot make up their mind”.

“If their contention is that there has been forgery (‘pharjiwada’) in compilation of data, then are they admitting that they were a party to the fraud?” he said.

Chaudhary also pointed out that the state government took the decision to hold the survey only after the Centre made clear its reluctance for a caste census.

“They (BJP) like to boast they are above casteism. But yesterday, the home minister made an appalling attempt to gain political mileage out of social divisions by explicitly naming communities,” alleged Chaudhary, one of the trusted aides of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.

Chaudhary made these remarks to reporters outside the state assembly after the House was adjourned on the first day of the winter session, following obituary references.

Comments are closed.