Iraq FM rejects attempts to displace Palestinians

By Anjali Sharma

WASHINGTON – Iraqi Foreign Minister Fuad Hussein on Thursday said that Iraq rejects any attempts that aim to displace the Palestinian people.

According to a statement issued by the Iraqi Foreign Ministry stated that Hussien remarks came during a phone call with Palestinian Prime Minister Mohammad Mustafa, during which they discussed developments in Palestine after the ceasefire and ways to enhance joint coordination to support the Palestinian people.

Hussein reaffirmed Iraq’s stance in supporting the Palestinian cause, emphasized the importance of unifying efforts to enhance their resilience on their land, the statement said.

He stressed “Iraq’s firm position in supporting the Palestinian cause, stressing the rejection of any attempts aimed at displacing the Palestinian people and the importance of unifying efforts to enhance their steadfastness on their land.”

He pointed out that “Iraq will continue to exert maximum efforts to ensure that the Palestinian file and support for the rights of the Palestinian people are at the forefront of the priorities of the agenda of the Arab Summit that Baghdad will host this year.”

Palestinian Foreign Minister expressed his deep appreciation for Iraq’s supportive stances towards Palestine, praising the fraternal relations between the two countries, and stressing the importance of continuing cooperation and joint coordination in various fields, media reported.

US President Donald Trump proposed last week to relocate Palestinians from Gaza to Egypt and Jordan.

Comments are closed.