Iran warns ‘decisive’ response if Israel ‘make another mistake’

Anjali Sharma

GG News Bureau
WASHINGTON DC, 25th April.
Iran’s Foreign Ministry Spokesman Nasser Kanaani on Wednesday has warned that his country will make a “harsher and more decisive” response should Israel make another mistake.

Nasser Kanaani made the remarks at a weekly press conference in Tehran while commented on Iran’s recent massive retaliatory military operation against Israel, which was carried out in response to a deadly Israeli strike on April 1 against the Iranian consulate in Syria, media reported.

Kanaani said the Israeli attack on Iran’s diplomatic premises constituted an aggressive violation of international laws and regulations.

He stressed that Tehran deemed its retaliatory operation concluded and its objectives achieved, but “if Israel makes another mistake, Iran’s response will be harsher and more decisive”.

On the explosions heard Friday near Isfahan in an apparent Israeli strike, Kanaani denounced the attack as “vexatious and malicious,” added no party has yet claimed responsibility for it.

He noted that Iran’s air defence had carried out its duty and foiled the attack conducted by “a small flying object and micro air vehicle,” stressing the perpetrators did not achieve anything.

Nasser Kanaani commented on Iran’s potential countermeasures in response to the incident, he said necessary actions had been taken and the incident did not warrant any follow-up.

Comments are closed.