Former DGP Murder: Wife Pallavi Sent to 14-Day Judicial Custody, Daughter Also Named Accused

Bengaluru: In a major development in the murder case of retired Director General of Police (DGP) Om Prakash, the prime accused and his wife, Pallavi, has been sent to 14-day judicial custody. She was arrested late Monday evening following the cremation of Om Prakash’s body.

After undergoing a mandatory medical check-up at Jayanagar government hospital, Pallavi was taken to the crime scene in HSR Layout for evidence collection. She was later presented before a judge at the residence of the 39th ACMM Court, who remanded her to two weeks in judicial custody.

The Central Crime Branch (CCB) will now take over the investigation.

During initial questioning, Pallavi told police that both she and her daughter were victims of prolonged domestic violence. She claimed that Om Prakash often tortured them and threatened them with a firearm. According to her statement, a similar incident occurred on Sunday, which led to her killing him in alleged self-defence.

Investigating officers have revealed that Pallavi was reportedly suffering from a psychological disorder. Om Prakash is said to have spent lakhs of rupees on her treatment, but with limited success. According to close associates of the former DGP, Pallavi frequently suspected and accused visitors to the house of conspiring against her. She would reportedly shout at them, alleging they had been sent by her husband to harm her.

Pallavi also allegedly posted erratic messages on a WhatsApp group of police officers’ wives. Just three days before the murder, she is said to have messaged that she and her daughter were in danger from Om Prakash. The message read:
“I am a hostage. Wherever I go, I am under surveillance by Om Prakash’s agents. I’ve been trying to live separately from him for years. I am being poisoned through food and water. Domestic workers and even food delivery services like Swiggy and Zomato are being used to harm me. Power and money make anything possible.”

She also accused Om Prakash of being associated with the banned outfit Popular Front of India (PFI) and told acquaintances that if anything were to happen to her or her daughter, Om Prakash should be held responsible.

The former top cop’s son, Karthikesh, lodged a formal complaint with the police, following which Pallavi and their daughter Kriti were booked as accused numbers one and two, respectively. Kriti was present in the house during the murder. Police are now probing whether she aided her mother or failed to prevent the crime.

Sources say Kriti has not been cooperating with the investigation. She reportedly resisted providing fingerprints to the Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) team and refused to sit in the police van. She even warned a female constable of dire consequences if touched.

According to the police, Om Prakash and Pallavi had a severe argument last week, after which he temporarily moved in with his sister, Sarita. On Friday, Kriti went to her aunt’s house and pleaded with her father to return home. He eventually agreed — only to be brutally murdered on Sunday.

While it remains unclear whether Kriti intentionally lured her father back as part of a plan, police are actively investigating this angle. Medical reports indicate that Kriti is suffering from depression and has been admitted to NIMHANS under police supervision.

This case has sent shockwaves through the police fraternity, raising questions about mental health, domestic violence, and the tragic unraveling of a senior law enforcement officer’s family.

Comments are closed.