*Paromita Das
Dominos joined the others in apologizing for the “unsolicited social media message released on Domino’s social media accounts outside the country” after Hyundai Motors, KFC, Pizza Hut, and KIA caused a social media firestorm over the Kashmir tweet.
“We regret and apologise,” the fast-food conglomerate said in a tweet, adding that “we honour and respect India and remain sincerely dedicated to servicing our customers and communities.”
However, the harm had already been done, as some people took to social media to criticize the corporation.
KIA also regretted Pakistan’s Kashmir solidarity day tweet, claiming it had “taken note of unauthorised social media posts made by independently-owned dealers based outside the nation,” but did not mention Pakistan.
It stated, “We profoundly regret the offence caused by this unauthorised social media activity.”
Suzuki Motor Corporation, a Japanese automaker, also expressed apology for “the injury to sentiments” caused by “our dealers or business associates.”
The South Korean foreign minister expressed remorse on 8 February, for the “offence” caused to the Indian people and government by the social media post.
India summoned the South Korean ambassador to register its “deep unhappiness” with the “unacceptable” post.
EAM Jaishankar tweeted after speaking with the South Korean foreign minister, saying: “Today, I had a call from Chung Eui-yong of ROK FM. Bilateral and multilateral problems, as well as the Hyundai situation, were discussed.”
Hyundai Motors has expressed its “sad remorse” to the Indian people, according to the MEA, which also stated that it does not comment on political or religious concerns.
Hyundai India was likewise swift to address the problem. “It is definitely against Hyundai Motor’s policy that the independently-owned distributor in Pakistan posted unlawful Kashmir-related social media posts from their own accounts,” the company stated in a statement.
The distributor was informed of the “inappropriateness of the activity,” and efforts were taken to remove the social media post, according to the firm.
It said that “our subsidiary, Hyundai Motor India, is not affiliated with the distributor in Pakistan.”
However, the harm had already been done, as it received condemnation on social media from Indians.
Pizza Hut joins KFC, Hyundai, and Kia in supporting Pakistan on Kashmir, triggering a furious outcry on social media.
On Kashmir solidarity day, after KFC ignited a social media storm with its Kashmir tweet, fast food giant Pizza Hut also got in on the act, posting a message on Instagram that said, “We stand with you.”
Pizza Hut’s alleged post has now been removed. KFC likewise took down their Kashmir-related tweet. Hyundai and Kia, in a similar way, sent out tweets about Kashmir.
Despite the fact that the Pizza Hut message came from a verified account, it is unclear whether the US multinational firm is directly involved. In India, Pizza Hut’s move drew a lot of criticism.
“Kashmir Belongs to the Kashmiris,” KFC declared in a contentious tweet on February 5. “You have never left our thoughts, and we wish you serenity in the coming years!” it said. KFC India eventually removed the post after apologising without mentioning Pakistan.
“We sincerely apologise for a post that appeared on several KFC social media channels outside of the country,” the company said. In a tweet, KFC wrote, “We honour and respect India, and we stay consistent in our commitment to serving all Indians with pride.”
Comments are closed.