GG News Bureau
New Delhi, 22nd Nov: The investigation into the November 10 suicide car blast near the Red Fort, which killed at least 15 people and injured several others, has taken a chilling turn. According to intelligence officials, the terror module involved in the attack was far more organised, globally connected and operationally structured than initially believed.
The attacker, Dr Umar Nabi, died in the explosion after driving the explosives-laden vehicle into the target site. Since then, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) has arrested four key accused — Dr Muzammil Shakeel Ganai of Pulwama, Dr Adeel Ahmed Rather of Anantnag, Dr Shaheen Saeed of Lucknow, and Mufti Irfan Ahmad Wagay of Shopian.
What investigators have now discovered points to a sophisticated transnational terror grid. Sources reveal that Muzammil, who was arrested after authorities recovered more than 2,500 kilograms of ammonium nitrate in Faridabad, had purchased an AK-47 for over ₹5 lakh, later recovered from Adeel’s bank locker. “The weapon purchase reflects the scale of pre-planning and financing behind this module,” an intelligence official confirmed.
Officials have also identified a multi-layered chain of handlers. Each accused was reporting to a different handler, while two key figures — Mansoor and Hashim — were operating under a senior handler who monitored the module’s activities. “These handlers operated in layers to maintain security and compartmentalisation,” a source said.
The investigation has uncovered international links dating back to 2022. Muzammil, Adeel and another accused, Muzaffar Ahmad, reportedly travelled to Turkey under the direction of an individual named Okasa, who is associated with Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP). They were expected to be routed to Afghanistan via a contact in Turkey, but the handler backed out after making them wait for days. Conversations between Muzammil and Okasa took place on Telegram, intensifying after Muzammil raised questions about his handler.
Meanwhile, the role of the deceased bomber has become clearer. Umar was self-trained in bomb-making through online manuals and videos. He sourced chemicals from Nuh, electronic components from Bhagirath Palace and Faridabad’s NIT Market, and even used a deep freezer to stabilise the explosive compounds. A student-witnessed confrontation between Umar and Muzammil at Al-Falah University, Faridabad, reportedly over money, further raised tensions within the group. Shortly afterward, Umar handed over his red EcoSport, already loaded with explosives, to Muzammil.
Intelligence agencies now believe the group was preparing for multiple coordinated attacks across cities, storing explosives at different sites and planning simultaneous strikes. “Every indicator points to a multi-location attack plan. Both physical and digital evidence support this assessment,” a senior source said.
In a related development, the Delhi High Court on Friday refused to direct authorities to allow co-accused Jasir Bilal Wani access to his lawyer at the NIA headquarters, underscoring the legal and operational sensitivity surrounding the case.
As the investigation continues, the focus has shifted to tracking the broader network, funding routes and foreign-based handlers connected to the conspiracy — a task that agencies admit may take months to fully unravel.
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.