GG News Bureau
Jaipur, 26th April. Amid the Shiva temple demolition row in Alwar, the Rajasthan government on Monday suspended three officials including a Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM).
The barred officials include Rajgarh Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) Keshav Kumar Meena, Rajgarh Municipality Board’s chairman Satish Duharia and Executive Officer of the Nagar Panchayat Banwari Lal Meena.
A 300-year-old Shiva temple was damaged using bulldozers at Sarai Mohalla in Rajgarh of the Alwar district last week.
Besides the Shiva temple, 86 shops and houses were demolished with bulldozers in Alwar district of Rajasthan on Sunday, to clear the way for a road.
Earlier on Monday, a Public interest litigation (PIL) was filed in the Rajasthan High Court against the demolition of a 300-year-old Shiva temple in Alwar, in which Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot along with District Collector, Sub Divisional Magistrate, Executive Officer, Municipality and others have been made the party.
The PIL stated that the demolition drive in Rajgarh was carried out in an unauthorized manner in which shops and temples, including the Shiva temple, were demolished by the state government in the name of a controlling plan.
“By vandalising the Shiva temple in an unconstitutional way, the sentiments of Hindu society have been hurt and the fundamental rights of innocent people have been violated,” the PIL said.
As the demolition drive took a political turn, Rajasthan Congress president GS Dotasara said, “Removal of Alwar temple’s encroachment started during the previous rule of BJP government saying that Congress disturbs temples and idols, is wrong. This has always been BJP’s agenda. As polls come, they spread religious unrest to make political chapatis.”
Rajasthan Congress has charged that Vasundhara Raje was the Chief Minister when Bharatiya Janata Party had promised a road called the “Gaurav Path” at the very place where the destruction took place.
Comments are closed.