According to a Karnataka minister, people try to portray India in a negative manner to other countries.

*Paromita Das

Araga Jnanendra, Karnataka’s Home Minister, has stated that the hijab problem is becoming a conspiracy. “This is now being taken on a global scale.”

People desire to show off India to other countries in a tiny way. “We’re true seculars,” he remarked.

He also stated that the administration was investigating evidence related to the petitioners in the on-going hijab debate. “Yes, we have information that they are associated with a few organisations.” “If they provoke us, we will respond,” he continued.

In response to Congress leader Zameer Ahmed’s remark regarding hijabs preventing rape, Karnataka’s home minister stated emphatically, “You mean rapes happen on those who don’t wear hijabs?

People are free to dress in anything they wish. Only at school is a uniform required. How will a country survive if rapes occur? It’s only Zameer Ahmed’s point of view.”

Concerning the violence in Karnataka, the state’s Home Minister assured the public that the situation was under control. Karnataka schools resumed on Monday, February 14, following a meeting between the local administration and leaders on Sunday evening to maintain communal peace.

“Arrests have been made in situations involving stone-pelting. It’s not a matter of law and order. It’s finally under control. There had previously been larger protests. “Students have protested numerous times before,” he stated.

The Home Minister also addressed the matter of students in Karnataka replacing an Indian flag with a saffron flag in a school.

“According to DK Shivakumar, the India flag has been removed. He is unable to talk in the absence of information. This demonstrates the conspiracy. Which flag is displayed in front of the school? It was a defunct flagpole. The saffron flag was hoisted on an empty flagpole “said the Minister.

He said, “The Congress issued an anarchist statement. They are attempting to save their voting blocs. In India, Congress has long said this. They are uninterested in India.”

Udupi Raghupathi Bhat, a BJP MLA, has stated that an NIA (National Intelligence Agency) investigation is required on the subject. Despite the MLA’s request, the administration has taken no action.

Schools Reopen in the State, Students Up to Class 10 return to Class

In the midst of the ongoing hijab controversy, schools for students up to the tenth standard reopened in Karnataka on Monday, February 14. On Sunday, Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai announced the re-opening of the schools.

“Schools up to the tenth grade will reopen on Monday. I have directed that a peace committee meeting be held by the DCs, SPs, and school administrations. After an evaluation of the situation, schools for higher classes and degree colleges will reopen “Bommai had stated. After a review of the circumstances in the state, a decision on PUC, colleges, and universities can be expected, according to the Chief Minister.

Meanwhile, Udupi district Tehsildar remarked, “Students are coming to school, the environment is peaceful, and the district administration is implementing high court instructions.” Section 144 is in effect in the Udupi district until February 19.

The hijab controversy in Karnataka began in January of this year, when some students at the Government Girls PU College in the state’s Udupi region said, they were prohibited from attending lessons.

During the protests, some students alleged that they were denied admission to the college because they wore a headscarf. Following this occurrence, students from many colleges wore saffron stoles to Shanteshwar Education Trust in Vijayapura.

The situation was similar at several colleges in the Udupi area. The pre-university education board issued a circular declaring that students may only wear school-approved uniforms and that no other religious rituals are permitted in colleges.

While hearing multiple petitions challenging the state’s ban on the wearing of hijab in schools, the Karnataka High Court urged the student community and the general public to maintain peace and serenity. The Karnataka High Court published an interim ruling on Friday in response to petitions challenging the state’s hijab prohibition in institutions. The petitions will be heard again on February 14.

 

Comments are closed.