Yogi Government Extends Free Ration Scheme for Next Three Months in UP

GG News Bureau

Lucknow, 26th March. The Yogi government on Saturday decided to extend the free ration scheme in Uttar Pradesh for the next three months which will benefit 15 crore people.

The decision to continue the free ration scheme was taken during the first cabinet meeting held today.

Chief Minister Yogi said, “In the cabinet meeting today, we have decided to extend the free ration scheme for the next 3 months. It will benefit 15 crore people of the state.”

Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya said that for the free ration scheme the government will spend Rs 3,270 crore.

Maurya said, “in the first cabinet meeting today, we have extended the free ration scheme for the next 3 months. For this, the government will spend Rs 3,270 crore. It will benefit 15 crore people”.

Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath chaired the first cabinet meeting on Saturday at 10 am in Lok Bhawan, Lucknow.

Earlier on Friday, Yogi took oath as the chief minister of Uttar Pradesh in Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium, Lucknow amid a crowd of more than 50,000 people.

A total of 52 ministers took oath as ministers on Friday, including two deputy Chief Ministers.

As per the eligibility prescribed under the National Food Security (NFS) Act 2013, five kg of foodgrains is given free to the needy people including migrant workers, unorganised workers, construction workers, domestic helpers, and those who do not have ration cards. Of this 5 kg food, 4 kg is wheat and 1 kg is rice per person per month.

The free ration scheme for the economically weaker sections began during the corona pandemic. The free ration scheme was supposed to last till November 2021 but the Centre extended Pradhan Mantri Garib Anna Yojana till March 2022.

Comments are closed.