6,000 Indians Brought Back to India from Ukraine, says MoS External Affairs

GG News Bureau

Pune, 2nd March. Union Minister of State (MoS) for External Affairs V Muraleedharan on Wednesday informed that of the 20,000 Indian nationals stuck in Ukraine, over 6,000 people have been brought back to India so far. He added that the Central Government is making all efforts to bring back the remaining.

Speaking to the media here, the Minister said, “Around 20,000 Indians were stuck in Ukraine. Of these, 4000 people returned by February 24. Till yesterday, over 2000 more people have returned. We are trying to bring back the remaining Indians via Romania, Poland Hungary, Slovakia and Moldova.”

MoS External Affairs V Muraleedharan also interacted with parents of those students who are stranded in several regions of Ukraine and apprised them about the Centre’s rescue operations under Operation Ganga.

Three IAF aircrafts have been sent to Romania and Hungary since this morning to evacuate Indian nationals stranded in Ukraine. One more aircraft is scheduled for Poland later in the day.

“The evacuation operation will run round the clock. Relief materials are also being sent. The operation is underway in coordination with MEA,” Vice Chief of Air Staff Air Marshal Sandeep Singh said today.

Indian Air Force have deployed C-17 aircraft as part of the evacuation efforts in coordination with the Ministry of External Affairs under ‘Operation Ganga’.

Comments are closed.