Uttarakhand Govt Seeks Rs 2000 Crore Rehabilitation Package for Joshimath from Centre

GG News Bureau

Dehradun, 10th March. The Uttarakhand government has requested a 2000 crore economic package from the Central Government for subsidence-affected areas in Joshimath and rehabilitation of affected people, said Secretary to Chief Minister R Meenakshi Sundaram.

Secretary Sundaram said, “The state government has sought an economic package of ₹ 2,000 crore from the Center for the treatment of Joshimath disaster-affected area and rehabilitation of the affected people.”

“The state government has prepared the blueprint of the package on the basis of the assessment of the damage done at its level,” added Secretary Sundaram.

Apprising about the package, Sundaram said, “There can be a change in this amount after the final report of the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) on Joshimath”.

“Significantly, due to cracks in the houses and landslides, at present, 995 people are living in various relief camps or rented houses,” Sundaram added.

Previously, on March 3, the Uttarakhand Government began distributing compensation amounts to the owners of buildings affected by land subsidence in the Joshimath area as part of the state government’s rehabilitation policy announced by Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami.

On the first day, a total of 63.20 lakh was distributed to three affected people as part of the rehabilitation package distribution.

Subedar Major Manglu Lal (Senior) of Gandhinagar Ward, as well as Krishna Panwar and Baldev Singh Panwar of Sunil Ward, are among those who have received compensation. Compensation of 63.20 lakh has been distributed to these three families.

During a cabinet meeting in February, the Uttarakhand government announced the package.

Comments are closed.