198 Ukrainians Killed in Russia’s Military Operation, says Ukraine Health Minister

GG News Bureau

Kyiv, 26th Feb. Ukraine Health Minister Viktor Liashko today said that a total of 198 Ukrainians have been killed, including three children till now since the Russia-Ukraine tension escalated on Thursday.

The Ukraine Health Minister, in a Facebook post, shared the number of casualties in the Russian military operation in Ukraine so far.

Along with this, in this post, Liashko also said that 1,115 Ukrainians have been wounded in three days of fighting. He said that from the total number of wounded, 33 were children, reported Times of Israel.

Russia on Saturday launched a special military operation after the breakaway republics of Donetsk and Luhansk requested assistance to defend themselves from ongoing attacks by the Ukrainian troops.

The Western countries have strongly condemned the Russian military operation and increased the sanctions pressure on Moscow.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy on Friday discussed the sanctions, defence assistance and an anti-war coalition with US President Joe Biden.

“Strengthening sanctions, concrete defence assistance and an anti-war coalition have just been discussed with @POTUS. Grateful for the strong support to Ukraine,” Zelenskyy tweeted.

The US President Joe Biden on Friday said that the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) will maintain its “open door” to those European states who share its values and who one day may seek to join our Alliance.

 

Comments are closed.